Friday, January 14, 2011

2011 - I'm Breaking Down The Wall

I've decided that this is the year I put myself on the line. The decision scares me - immensely. Call me an introverted Leo (I was Virgo until this week's Gawker Article) but I've never been comfortable in the spotlight. It was always the job of my brother and my dad. I was always the younger brother who stood back and soaked in all the info and did so humbly. In my band days (rhythm guitar with no rhythm but I've got some pipes), it was Rez and Vega in the spotlight though I was the guy with the microphone. I was quite content with that. I was never confident enough in my abilities to stand in the light and take charge of the situation. And, quite frankly, in my younger years I always thought of myself as boring. I had to be. I was (and still am) a business owner and needed to protect myself from making outlandish remarks and displaying controversial behavior. I wouldn't talk to me in bar, why would anyone else? So I reveled in playing the role of Kaiser Soze, The Wizard of Oz. I was the guy in the back makin it happen and gettin the job done. Whatever you needed, I did it. This year, it's time for a change. This year I let my voice be heard and my face be seen. You can agree with my voice. You can think I'm an ass. You can call me foolish. And if you find my commentary genius, well then you can call me that too. For the first time in my life I am comfortable with who I am, what I do and what I can contribute. I have something to say that's based on personal experiences so I'm going to say it.
Of course that leaves the door wide open as to the direction of this blog. I'd prefer to keep it that way and let the direction dictate itself. But if I can steer it in one particular direction, it would be to provide a retail wine centric POV, giving the reader an inside look at a mystifying industry. I'm going to be an equal opportunity lover, hater of everything wine related and explain why I'm a lover or hater.  I'm going to make outrageous statements. I'm going to make every effort to shake up the crazy wine world and let people know they have a choice. I'm going to get yelled at by my dad and brother.

5 comments:

  1. Life is too short to not bring your own game. Looking forward. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I rub off on you in any small way? I support your growth in all ways, Mr. Troilo. Welcome! With love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just realized it was time to stand up, put up the fist and start fighting. A revolution is coming and needs a leader. Thanks M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PT - your voice has always carried confidence when you choose to use it - "yeah, trust me. Rabbit is good, Rabbit is wise." I look forward to your pontification.

    ~i~

    ReplyDelete